eLearning Day Purpose
BRCP eLearning days will allow students and families the opportunity for uninterrupted learning and instruction. Today’s students are required to be independent, responsible, and to have the ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment. eLearning Days will provide BRCP students the skills necessary to be productive members of a technology driven society.
What can I expect as far as instruction and assignments on an eLearning Day?
- Learning will reflect what your student is exposed to daily in class.
- Students will access resources that will enhance previously learned skills
- Assignments should take no more than 3 hours and students will not need assistance beyond a typical classroom work
- Assignments will be posted on Google Classroom by 9:00 a.m. on a cancelled day.
- Assignments will be due by 3:30 p.m. on the third day following an eLearning day.
- Assignments will count as much as a regular class assignment. Attendance will be based on assignment completion. Students who do not complete assignments will be counted absent.
Attendance and Missing Assignment Clarification
- Attendance will be taken.
- Students who do not turn in work by 3:30 p.m. on the third day following an eLearning day, will be counted absent for the eLearning day.
What do I do if I do not have internet at home?
- Assignment details will be posted to students through Google Classroom. However, not all assignments will require internet to complete.
- If there is an issue accessing the assignment, parents are encouraged to contact the school’s administrator.
- Assignments may be pre-loaded if a snow day is expected. Students will be reminded of the eLearning procedure.
What type of support will be given on an eLearning Day?
- Office hours will be 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. by instructors (student questions must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. ). email support.
- Students with an I.E.P. will still receive all of their accommodations on an eLearning day.
- Public access points may be an option if personal WiFi is not available.
What if my internet or WiFi is not working properly on an e-Learning Day?
We understand there might be some connection/data issues. If this occurs, please reach out to the BRCP administrator (Steve Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org) and circumstances will be dealt with on a case-by-case situation.